Saturday 12 March 2011

It's an Easel Baby!

I think it has taken me longer to get a good photo of this card than it did to make it, but here is my second card of the day.  This was inspired by 2 challenges this week, Charisma Cardz "Easel" Challenge and I Love Promarkers "Babies" challenge.  So here is my "Split Easel" card....






Using a 6x6 card blank I folded one half in half using my Hougie Board and then split this side roughly 2/3 and 1/3 to give a "Split Easel" ( not sure if this is the terminology or if anyone has actually done this before but hey I was feeling creative).
I've used an image from Pink Petticoat called "Baby Buggy Boy" and coloured this simply with promarkers ( Almond, Pale Pink, Lilac, Lavender and Amethyst).  The Papers are all Pink Petticoat ( Lilac Dotty and Sunshine Washed Damask).  I've finished it off with a printed sentiment and some Seam Binding from the Ribbon Girl.  The Buttons are American Craft that I picked up in the Hobby Craft sale.

I hope you like it...

Jx

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable. The colors are perfect. I've never made an easel card before, but after seeing yours I really want to now. TFS!

    Christy
    http://christybladehandmade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Love your colourway and the split easel is perfect for it. Dinky button wheels! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, cute image, love the wheels,thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous split easel card, and what a fabulous image. Lovely colours and great dotty paper. Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting ... please leave a comment so I can come visit you back...

Jen xxx