Monday 16 May 2011

Bonjour

Well I'm not normally this late on the Less is More challenge but life has taken over crafting for numerous reasons over the past couple of weeks so crafting has had to take a back seat.... This weeks challenge is Embossing and I've also combined this with Penny Black Saturdays Clean & Simple challenge. Here is the card...


The image is Penny Blacks "Everest Next" and I got it when I went over to Inspirations in Preston after Easter in their bargin bin.  I do love Penny Black and came back with 5 stamps to add to my already huge collection.  The sentiment is from a Sizzix clear set "France".  I've simply embossed both with black embossing powder onto a kraft card blank... it was that simple..... The only thing I have a bugbear about is how the card stock bends... do anyone have a way to stop it doing this??? I'd use embossing powder (from quite a big stash) a lot more if I knew how...

Anyhow... enough waffling I've got some new LOTV stamps to play with Lol..

Jen xxx

18 comments:

  1. Just so sweet Jen!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute hun! As for the card bending, if you put it under something heavy as soon as you've done it, it usually flattens out as it cools. That's what I do anyway!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this Jen!
    The black and kraft work really well together!
    I pop slightly bent cards under a box of cardstock for a while... it seems to do the trick!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute image, looks great on the kraft. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card love PB and this little set of mice is delightful. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. That image is soooooooooo adorable and I love what you've done using the kraft card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen, this is so beautifully CAS. Yep, I tend to do what the others have said...it works 95% of the time :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a sweet card jen...love the image on the kraft card...thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday... hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute - I love it. Great look with the black on the kraft card.
    Sometimes if you heat the card from the other side it bends it back.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Jen, simplicity at it;s best!
    The slower heat guns, shaped like a hair dryer, tend to warp less. And to hold it much further away. Of course this is slower and we dont have that time eh! But, flattening under something heavy as Chrissie says works!
    Thank you very much
    Diva LIM mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, super cute! Have you tried heating the back of the card for a bit after embossing, sometimes works for me,

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Jen, such a sweet card. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool.... like it!

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jen that is stunning, love the image and your simple card. with hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card - the image is adorable!
    kx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the black on the Kraft....great card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute, nice to see it on the Kraft. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting ... please leave a comment so I can come visit you back...

Jen xxx