Saturday 1 June 2013

Black With A Touch Of White

Morning LIMettes... Can you believe it's Saturday and the first week of the month which means we have a new sponsor and a new colour challenge at Less Is More ! We are delighted to have Lili of the Valley as our sponsor this month.

Visit our website

Anyhow onto the new challenge. This week we want you to use the 
COLOUR OF YOUR FRONT DOOR!
My front door is black with white trim so I've made both my cards mainly black. I'll be back with a  photo later as I forgot to take one :-(


For my first card I simple used some fabulous ribbon from The Ribbon Girl and cut out a V in each piece.  The Sentiment is from Stampin up.  Nice and simple.

.
My second card uses a technique fairly new to me... I have given the chalkboard effect a go just once before but I thought these fabulous new stamps from the new release at Lili Of The Valley were perfect for it.  This is from the Statement Stamps Set..Just To Say. I simply stamped in in craft white ink from Stampin Up and then once dry rubbed in some white pastel chalk. The ribbon is from Stampin Up also.

I'm demonstrating over at Lili Of The Valley today at the open day, so I hope if you are in the area you can pop over and say hello!!

Have a great Saturday

Jen xxx

11 comments:

  1. Cards look great Jen xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Jen, love those LOTV stamps you have been showcasing, think they will be a must have purchase when they become available

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chunky sentiments from lotv - hope your demo day went well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Jen. Love the simplicity of them.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both fantastic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these jen.your designs are stunning :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous cards Jen :_) the black and white is stunning and I love the chalkboard effect :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your front door has the same colours as mine Jen! I love your bold graphic cards. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. both cards are absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It just goes to show how much scope there is with black!!!
    Love both of these Jen, from stylish to fun and trendy in one post :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen, your card with that black and white ribbon made me gasp aloud! It's SO incredible!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting ... please leave a comment so I can come visit you back...

Jen xxx